The World's Leading Blockchain Developer Platform
Backend / Infrastructure Engineer
At Alchemy, our mission is the fundamental developer platform that enables brings the benefits of blockchain to the world. Today, Alchemy provides the leading blockchain development platform and powers millions of users in over 200 countries worldwide. Our mission is to provide developers with the fundamental building blocks they need to create the future of technology.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leading technology pioneers like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT. Backed by Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and founders and executives of globally leading organizations, Alchemy powers billions of dollars of transactions for top companies around the world and has been featured in TechCrunch, Wired, Bloomberg and numerous other media outlets.
We're growing rapidly and hiring across many roles, so please reach out and say hi if you're interested in joining our awesome family and mission!
Infrastructure is our bread and butter at Alchemy. As an engineer focused on infrastructure and backend systems at Alchemy, you'll be working with one of the most sophisticated and high-throughput distributed systems in the blockchain world. You'll focus on architecting and building new systems as well as improving existing ones for a platform that supports millions of users globally.
- Define the vision for the backend infrastructure that supports our developer platform and APIs, and guide the team in executing against that vision
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable and reliable infrastructure, APIs, and services
- Contribute and lead system design discussions, stand up meetings, and code reviews
- Develop and own best practices for backend infrastructure with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with other engineers, PMs, and designers
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- Experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining core backend software components (experience with API platforms a plus)
- Ability to solve complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Experience with production distributed systems, web applications, and microservice architecture
- Proficiency in at least TypeScript or Python
- Experience with MySQL, Redis (Druid is a plus)
- Experience with backend frameworks such as Node.js or Django is a plus
- Experience with AWS technologies is a plus
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Know how to find the right balance between perfection and shipping quickly
Alchemy at a glance
Alchemy focuses on Enterprise Software, Technology, Cloud Infrastructure, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Alchemy has raised $15M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019.