Custom data solutions to help make sense and leverage your data
Sr. Contracts Manager
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
We seek an experienced Contract Manager to support Alation’s growth, with a focus on commercial transactions. You will drive the negotiations of a variety of contracts, including on-premise and SaaS subscription agreements, channel and strategic alliance agreements, and system integrator and OEM contracts in direct and partner/reseller sales motions. The Contract Manager will work closely with members of Alation’s Sales, Product, and Finance teams. You should be able to interpret and address the contractual issues that come with commercial agreements and how to navigate procurement organizations at enterprise businesses. (Your experience with data privacy, liability issues, and risk allocation are strongly valued by us!) You will team with Sales Operations and Enablement to develop and improve cross-team training materials, process improvements, initiatives and playbooks to help scale for growth. The role will report to Alation’s Senior Corporate Counsel.
To succeed, the role requires you to possess excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic team environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Drive and manage commercial and strategic contract negotiations (inbound and outbound).
- Draft and negotiate a variety of software contracts.
- Support Alation’s sales teams as needed.
- Work collaboratively to provide continuous improvement of cross-team education and guardrails, playbooks, contract templates, and legal process.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent academic credentials.
- At least 5 years of experience drafting and negotiating enterprise software agreements.
- Deep substantive transaction experience with complex contract and/or licensing agreements and experience working in fast-paced technology companies are required.
- Deep experience in addressing contractual issues in cloud, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters strongly preferred.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visithttps://www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation2020. Password is Alation20.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge and much, much more!
Alation at a glance
Alation focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Alation has raised $82M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.