Custom data solutions to help make sense and leverage your data
Head of Strategic Planning & Corporate Development
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Alation has an immediate opening for a Head of Corporate Development reporting directly to the CEO of Alation. The ideal candidate will operate at strategic, operational, and tactical levels to enhance the effectiveness of the CEO and organization. In this role, he/she will ensure that the CEO and executive leadership team are spending their time effectively to achieve the strategic objectives of the organization. In addition to M&A, he/she will lead the development and delivery of a variety of strategic and specific operational projects. This is a high visibility role and requires a motivated individual with a sense of ownership who has demonstrated high performance in previous jobs.
What You’ll Do:
- Research companies and emerging markets, leading the process for determining partner, build, buy decisions in a dynamic, high growth market.
- Lead execution of due diligence, manage lawyers and bankers, and help drive transactions to closure.
- With the CFO, manage investor relations, and work with the executive team and CEO to define materials for investor financings
- Role-model and live Alation’s core values: Move the Ball, Listen Like You’re Wrong, Build for the Long-Term and Measure Success Through Customer Impact.
- Spearhead the strategic planning process – partner with CFO and key executives on the development and tracking of strategic initiatives
- Leads and supports planning for quarterly executive leadership off-sites/meetings, including development of goals, agenda, presentations, and interactive activities.
- Be responsible for helping shape Alation’s strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with relevant external partners.
- Assist with the Board materials and business reviews including research, analysis, presentation creation, proofreading/editing, following up with cross-functional teams for input.
- Build presentations, documents frameworks and analyses to help drive and define critical company decisions.
- Build pro-forma financial models outlining impact of decisions.
- A bachelor's degree, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience (background in management consulting or corporate strategy preferred).
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in investment bank, preferably covering M&A and ideally technology.
- Significant experience in leading cross-functional teams to execute all aspects of deal transactions including direct experience in M&A negotiation, execution, and integration at a fast-growing company.
- Have good understand of the Enterprise Data/Business Intelligence/Analytics ecosystem.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Ability to respond positively and act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to orchestrate strategic and complex cross-functional business activities and projects with sharp business acuity, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to navigate through ambiguity and ability to constantly shift priorities to the most important task at hand.
- Have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills - with inclination and patience to work through collaboration influence vs. acting derivatively.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and handle confidential or sensitive information.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
For information about company benefits, please visithttps://www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation2020. Password is Alation20.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge and much, much more!
Alation at a glance
Alation focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Alation has raised $82M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.