Custom data solutions to help make sense and leverage your data
Principal Product Manager
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Alation is seeking a Director, Product Management responsible for its data governance product. This leader will be accountable for the Alation data governance strategy, roadmap, and priorities. They will report to the SVP, Product and be responsible for recruiting and managing a team of product managers. They will also partner closely with engineering and multiple scrum teams, while collaborating cross-functionally with product design, marketing, sales and services to drive customer success and business growth.
- Build upon your deep understanding of data governance so you can serve as an industry thought leader in this space
- Refine and accelerate our data governance strategy and roadmap so that Alation is viewed as the thought leader with the best data governance customer outcomes
- Evangelize our data governance strategy and vision with current and prospective customers, analysts, partners, and employees
- Recruit a talented team of product managers, providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship as you grow your team
- Collaborate closely with your PM colleagues, design, and engineering teams to execute on your vision and roadmap
- Define and deliver truly delightful product experiences that users want to use and can’t live without
- Be data driven, creating and monitoring product and customer value metrics to make objective prioritization decisions
- Build and maintain an effective and groomed backlog providing clear requirements for new initiatives and enhancements
- Manage and communicate release schedules, goals and dependencies internally and externally, partnering with customers, sales, customer success and marketing
- 10+ years of enterprise software product management experience in an agile development organization
- Domain experience with data governance programs, methodologies, and best practices, coupled with in depth knowledge of data management, data science, and analytics
- Experience scaling enterprise software products with user experiences that are empowering, enjoyable, and well-designed
- Have managed and grown teams of product managers and been responsible for multiple scrum teams
- Ability to communicate with extreme effectiveness, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Experience and confidence in presenting to large and small groups of technical and non-technical people
- Strong customer-first approach with ability to balance business needs versus customer requirements to deliver an optimized experience
Alation at a glance
Alation focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Alation has raised $82M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.