Custom data solutions to help make sense and leverage your data
Regional Vice President, EMEA
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
The Vice President, Enterprise Sales for the EMEA Region provides leadership responsibility for a defined territory in the EMEA reporting to the Head of Sales.
- Manage a team of Account Executives to aid in the performance of the region.
- Developed and grown the region from small to large.
- Execute the business plan, with emphasis on developing and maintaining strong business relationships at the executive level within this geography, driving individual performance of group members and ensuring that the team operates cohesively.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive transactional sales as well as expanding the install base.
- Manage Territory Development plans that increase both pipeline and new customers.
- Develop a comprehensive customer relations strategy and monitor its effectiveness through regular contact with customers.
- Develop coverage plan for assigned geography, including strategy to penetrate new accounts and grow existing accounts.
- Hold weekly meetings with Account Executives to review pipeline, coverage, etc.
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities.
- Develop plans for target markets including tactics for penetration into new accounts and cross selling to existing customers.
- Work with the Marketing team to support local Marketing and event efforts.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10-15 years of work experience in Enterprise Sales.
- 2 plus years in a managerial role.
- Data and analytics experience.
- Strong strategic thinker with the ability to think strategically and analyze the needs of clients.
- Excellent business acumen with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work towards individual or team goals.
- Demonstrated project/stakeholder management/organizational skills.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
Alation at a glance
Alation focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Alation has raised $82M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.