Custom data solutions to help make sense and leverage your data
Sr. Director of Engineering, Cloud
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Engineering DepartmentImagine working in an engineering culture where every team member has a meaningful impact on product features, helping balance between features and technical debt, and impacting customers in profound way. Alation is seeking a Senior Director of Engineering to be part of the Engineering organization at Alation and who will play a critical role in the success of Alation on a massive scale. We’re a small team where you’ll have immediate impact. You’ll work daily alongside our SVP of Engineering.
Cloud TeamThis is a brand new team that has been tasked with bringing on line our new Cloud product, initially single tenant then multi tenant.
We want to talk to you if...
- You have a minimum 3 years as Director or Sr. Director level, managing a team of 20 or more.
- You have in depth experience in building and working with a cloud product.
- You have experience in the Data, Data related, and/or Data Workflow Space.
Here’s what you will be doing...
- Initially you will be leading a small team of approximately 10, (1 Manager) and growing the team and building the product
- You are trusted in developing and maintaining a technical roadmap and making key architectural decisions, assembling and guiding the team with well-defined technical directions and driving the technical initiatives needed to deliver on critical company level goals;
- You ensure that Alation’s product vision is realized through excellence in execution;
- You incorporate all inter-dependencies between functional disciplines- autonomy, infrastructure, mechanical, electrical etc;
- You are incredibly knowledgeable and motivated to expand your knowledge in Alation’s area of expertise; you apply your extensive knowledge to help the team achieve Alation’s major goals and vision;
- You spend a nontrivial amount of time coaching, guiding, motivating and supporting team members
Alation at a glance
Alation focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Alation has raised $82M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.