Custom data solutions to help make sense and leverage your data
Senior DevOps Engineer
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market, leading the evolution of data management from simply managing data to driving data culture. Alation customers leverage the data catalog as a platform to drive data search & discovery, data governance, data stewardship, analytics, and cloud migration. With its powerful behavioral and linguistic intelligence technologies, collaboration capabilities, and open interfaces, Alation provides a platform for a broad range of metadata management applications by combining machine learning with human insight to tackle the most demanding challenges in data management. More than 180 organizations are driving their data cultures and improving their organizations’ decision-making with Alation, including AbbVie, Draft Kings, Exelon, Finnair, Genentech, GoDaddy, Marks & Spencer, MercadoLibre, Munich Re, New Balance, New Relic, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, Scout24, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Icon Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Job Scope:Alation is seeking a talented and highly technical DevOps Engineer to join our fast growing team in Chennai, India. The ideal candidate will communicate fearlessly to build trust. We need leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of engineering while embodying our core values.
What does Enterprise Readiness team do? Enterprise Readiness(ER) team is an integral part of the Alation Engineering team as it is responsible for the delivery of a packaged product for our customers. ER team enables our customer to configure a highly available instance with seamless backup, restore, monitoring including ownership of a portal for install distribution. Alation’s Enterprise Readiness team also helps our customers with license and permission enforcement along with encryption services.
As part of the Enterprise Readiness team, you will:
- Build enhance and maintain our customer portal web application with React and Django
- Support new initiatives to improve instance tracking for Alation
- Maintain a comprehensive test suite with Jasmine and Selenium
- Collaborate with our product design team to provide the highest quality user experience
- Make smart scoping and priority decisions to ship fast, impactful code
- Work directly with users to integrate feedback into designs and priorities
You may be a perfect fit if you:
- Have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- DevOps engineer with 6+ years of experience designing, developing, and shipping software products and services with a distributed backend.
- Owning and developing for our IT and Infrastructure environments
- Strong in at least 2 programming and 1 scripting languages: ruby, python, groovy, bash, ps1
- Desired tooling: chef, terraform or cloudformation, jobDSL experience
- Developing automation for AWS, Azure, GCP, Jenkins, Atlassian, GitHub
- Developing our release management and upgrade infrastructure
- Developing configuration and integration tools with customer IT systems
- Playing a key role in defining and implementing security practices
- Experience with AWS products Like EC2, RDS, etc is a plus.
- Understand how to translate business requirements and “user needs” into code
- Are adaptable and prepared for a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Have strong Git skills while working with an Agile team
- Are able to identify solutions that improve the quality of service and reduce operational and support burden
- You have a passion for elegance and simplicity.
- You take pride in designing solutions that will outlive the problem.
Alation at a glance
Alation focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Alation has raised $82M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.