Custom data solutions to help make sense and leverage your data
Cyber Security Analyst
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market, leading the evolution of data management from simply managing data to driving data culture. Alation customers leverage the data catalog as a platform to drive data search & discovery, data governance, data stewardship, analytics, and cloud migration. With its powerful behavioral and linguistic intelligence technologies, collaboration capabilities, and open interfaces, Alation provides a platform for a broad range of metadata management applications by combining machine learning with human insight to tackle the most demanding challenges in data management. More than 180 organizations are driving their data cultures and improving their organizations’ decision-making with Alation, including AbbVie, Draft Kings, Exelon, Finnair, Genentech, GoDaddy, Marks & Spencer, MercadoLibre, Munich Re, New Balance, New Relic, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, Scout24, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is funded by Costanoa Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Icon Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
Role and Responsibilities:
DevOps and Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining, improving, and monitoring the security of cloud environments by understanding best cloud security practices. The person will be responsible for monitoring systems, logs, and latest security threats, and understand corporate security policies, monitor the compliance, and report security violation/incidents.
The DevOps and Security Engineer will coordinate with Security, DevOps, and IT teams to ensure compliance with security processes and procedures and is responsible for the implementation of security best practices.
The successful candidate will coordinate with internal teams, understand security requirements and risks, and act as security point of contact for technical issues, define security frameworks, communicate security concepts, policies, standards, procedures, and provide ongoing support.
At Alation you will:
- Align current security processes with internal and external security standards such as ISO 27001 and ISO 27002, SOC 2, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Identifying security gaps and deficiencies, and suggest suitable controls
- Work with the security team in the creation of policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure the security and privacy of information and cloud systems
- Audit/Review cloud environments and develop automation tools
- Review, understand and translate system logs to identify any security breach.
- Monitor cloud systems for any security concerns/issues by keeping an eye on log monitoring systems
- Participate in Technical Risk Assessment activities (TRA)
- Participate in BCP/DR related activities
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned
You may be a perfect fit if you:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work
- 4+ years of Information Security/Cyber Security experience
- Experience with regulatory requirements including but not limited to PCI-DSS, ISO27001, SOC 2, etc.
- Technical knowledge to understand detailed issues around disaster recovery, security, AWS Cloud and overall IT risks
- Experience in IT security, and work experience with software development companies
- Knowledge of Shell and Python scripting
- Knowledge of Web Application security assessment
- Knowledge of OWASP will be highly appreciated
- Must have AWS associate level knowledge, preferable certification
- Must have hand on experience with Linux/Unix systems
- One or more security / cloud certifications are highly preferred but not required. AWS SysOps, AWS Advance Network speciality, GCP Cloud Architect, etc.
- Experience with AWS Landing Zones and Control Tower is essential for this position
- Should have a good understanding of security / penetration testing assessments
- Able to work flexible hours to compensate for the time difference between India and the United States
- Technical certifications within the area security (CISSP) is a strong need
Alation at a glance
Alation focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Big Data. Their company has offices in Redwood City. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Alation has raised $82M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.