Making tailoring accessible, sustainably
Senior Software Engineer - Computer Vision£50k – £70k • 0.5% – 0.9%
We are a University of Oxford Spinout, applying state of the art computer vision and deep learning to the real world problems associated with shopping for clothes online.
We’re building an innovative ecommerce platform, applying computer vision and deep tech to clothing. With world-class founders from leading academic institutions and companies, we are a team that is on mission to disrupt and improve how everyone shops for clothes.
Aistetic was founded with a clear purpose: to make tailoring accessible to more people wherever they are. And our mission is to do so sustainably, reducing waste, and encouraging a more sustainable approach to clothing.
Our innovation partners are the University of Oxford, Innovate UK, and OxLep. We are part of the Digital Catapult's Machine Intelligence Garage and Data Market Services Accelerator (EU Horizon 2020).
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a world-class senior software engineer in computer vision and deep learning. You’ll be a hands on, creative problem solver with the technical skills and hunger to build a novel technology solution. As one of the first employees, you will have an opportunity to shape Aistetic. You’ll be a vital member of our team leading the commercial coding and development of our state of the art algorithm and model working with our 1st retail customer. You’ll be used to and enjoy working with large data sets, agile processes, customer involvement, and frequent technical and consumer testing. You’ll launch, run and monitor our development, working closely with our team of engineers (computer vision and full stack) and a University of Oxford post-doctoral researcher to deliver accuracy, features and performance.
- You’re fluent in Python and may have experience in C++, PyTorch, Tensorflow, OpenCV, MATLAB
- You have experience and/or education (BSc/MSc/PhD) in Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics, Design & Analysis of Algorithms
- You have hands on software engineering experience in a fast-moving and innovative industry
- You are curious to learn, go straight in, enjoy getting stuff done and discovering how things work
- You’re excited about being part of a high performing, self-organising team on a pioneering mission
- You are collaborative and able to translate technology into robust commercial solutions
- You want to shape the future of clothes purchasing and are passionate about delivering sustainable solutions
- Experience with Google Cloud Partners, AWS, or a similar cloud platform
- A working knowledge of Linux build tools, with experience across the full software development lifecycle
- An appreciation of solutions architecture and enterprise software requirements
- Start-up experience
- Join a fast paced start up on a mission to build the solution and future of retail shopping
- Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously run large businesses, launched successful innovation and started tech companies
- Work closely with world-class engineers, researchers at the University of Oxford’s Torr Vision Group http://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~tvg/
- Have an immediate impact on a smart, growing, low-ego multi-cultural team
- Grow with us as we scale up whilst delivering meaningful work that really matters
- Enjoy a tailored rewards package including a competitive salary, with private health insurance, bike, gym membership, pension and equity incentive scheme as reward options to choose from
- Additional benefits: Oxford location, free tea, coffee, fruit and monthly team lunches & dinners
- Aistetic has a Coronavirus Workplace Policy: all employees are currently working from home. This will be reviewed and maintained in accordance with government and public health guidance to reduce the risk to our people’s health
Aistetic is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Meet your team
Aistetic at a glance
Aistetic focuses on Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Retail Technology, and B2B · SaaS · Mobile · Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in Oxford. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://aistetic.com/