A spreadsheet with the power of a database
Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. Our goal in security engineering is to provide delightful platform and product security. We strive to go above and beyond in protecting user data, implementing layered defenses, and making enforcement and compliance easy.
We're looking for engineers to work on all aspects of product security. Security work at Airtable is not just a matter of checking for common vulnerabilities or enforcing compliance with a checklist of best practices. We think through problems from first principles, and work with the whole company to design and deliver trustworthy systems that serve users and operators correctly in the face of hostile action. This means working at all levels of system building: product design, infrastructure, user experience, phishing and fraud prevention, attack vector analysis, and everything in between.
What you'd do
- Propose, design, build, and deploy security improvements across all aspects of Airtable's systems and product surface.
- Research emerging threats and evolving best practices, and educate the rest of the team about your findings.
- Work with our advisors and third party vendors on pen tests, security reports and compliance projects.
- Think hard about the security implications of everything.
Who you are
- You have in-depth knowledge of security issues at many levels of the modern computing stack.
- You have a well-developed mental toolkit for thinking adversarially and holistically about systems.
- You excel at communicating analyses of technical issues and recommendations for addressing them.
- You can make systems as well as break them; you're as comfortable building software as you are finding holes in it.
- You're passionate about protecting users.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation. We believe that software stands to be the single most impactful way anyone can bring their ideas to life, yet that few people can actually access it as a creative medium. Airtable enables everyone to experience the power of creating, not just using, software. Headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable has raised $170M in venture funding to date, most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.
We have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
We’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month
Learning & development
We offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable at a glance
Airtable focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Databases, Collaboration, and Productivity Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Airtable has raised $170.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2018 at a valuation of $1B.