Senior Systems Engineer$80k – $105k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Airservice is seeking to open this role to someone that is a solution driven self-starter with a proven track record of delivering production ready Serverless applications. You will work closely with our talented CTO and System Engineers to deliver high quality code that is readable, performant and scalable.
- Design and development of micro service platform APIs with deployment onto distributed architectures and specific environmental interfaces within a range of implementation environments.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Building of application testing, and fault finding and sandbox application builds.
- Brain-storming ideas with the rest of team, and prototyping new ideas to ensure we (and our customers) can stay ahead of the competition.
- Experience with deployment and management of distributed applications
- An understanding of SOA and micro service design patterns and architectures
Experience across the suite of AWS Services
- Ability to work in a distributed team, with the confidence to work independently as well as seek assistance and work collaboratively when required.
- A fundamental understanding of coding and an ability to work things out from first principles.
- An interest in other platforms and integrations, such as Chromecast, Carplay, Android, iOS, Alexa, Sonos and the like.
- Excellent attention to detail, and a desire to be proud of what you do.
- An appreciation of why design and UX is important.
- Drive to keep up to date with developments and trends in the tech and modern media world
- Strong organisational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Good understanding an appreciation of test frameworks, why they are used and how to implement them
- Experience with and good understanding of CI/CD pipelines and how to implement for high iteration cycles
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Problem-solving skills
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work - We are fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet
- Hardware - your own iPad and MacBook Pro if required
Employee share plan
Fully distributed team
Opportunities for ongoing learning and study
AirService at a glance
AirService focuses on Food and Beverages, Mobile Commerce, Hospitality, Travel, and Travel & Tourism. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and Sydney. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, AirService has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018 at a valuation of $8M.