Re-sell your past purchases in one-click
Creative and Communications Director
Come on-board a fast-growing Aussie startup on a global mission. We have 28,000 customers on our waiting list and thousands of users on our beta site. We are currently closing a seed round from top venture capital investors and angels.
What is AirRobe?
We're reinventing “re-commerce” for a sustainable future.
We have the opportunity to completely redefine the "re-commerce" industry. In doing so we plan to take over the likes of eBay.
AirRobe lets you re-sell used goods in 1-click. We partner with fashion retailers. For the first time we give them a business case to enter the circular economy. The kicker? All this culminates in preventing fashion textiles from ending up in landfill.
We focus on the used-fashion market. A booming $41b market today, expected to be $76b by 2023.
We have unlocked a way to remove the biggest friction in trading used goods: the clunky and slow listing process. This is a disruptor for second-hand marketplaces. And a complete game changer for how people trade things.
There are some huge technical challenges facing the re-commerce space. AirRobe is uniquely positioned to solve them given the structured data we capture from retailers. Peer-to-peer trading involves bespoke items. This creates huge opportunity to apply predictive analytics and machine learning.
AirRobe launched in July 2019 and went through the Startmate Accelerator from Blackbird Ventures.
Why join AirRobe?
- Get in at the ground floor at one of the fastest growing startups in the country
- Be part of our founding team – You’ll be a pivotal part of building a high-growth startup. 👊
- Get serious equity – we want to provide our first team members with generous equity! 💸
- Work in unchartered territory – We are disrupting the re-commerce space and plan to take over the likes of eBay. 💪
- Make an impact – each year 90 million tonnes of fashion textiles head straight to landfill – you’ll be changing this!
- Get more work made in 3 months rather than 3 years in an agency – you write and approve your own creative
- No pitches! Ever!
- See the impact of your work directly
- Competitive salary with equity (stock options)
It's a varied role – and we do virtually everything in house: write, create, produce, edit... etc.
An average day may include some of these:
- Understanding the ways we intend to disrupt the re-commerce space, and how our product fits into our customers' lives
- Coming up with ideas for our paid advertising activity (Facebook, Insta, Pinterest) – video and still
- Coming up with ideas for media / sponsorship opportunities and partnerships (Influencers, Podcasts, PR stunts)
- Creating scripts, headlines and copy for the above
- Pushing these ideas through to execution
- Reviewing and understanding the results of this activity with our marketing team
- Growing our art direction of the design team on social organic content and Instagram accounts
What you'll learn
- How ad platforms work, and how to iterate on creative
- How advertising directly translates to revenue
- How e-commerce and an engineering team works
- How to build landing pages / email flows / digital best practice
- Midweight Art Director or Copy Writer with 3-5 years creative agency experience
- Skilled with the Adobe Suite
- Experienced in creating presentation decks to sell ideas to the rest of the team and align everyone
- Ability to use rudimentary sketches and storyboards to communicate ideas at a layout / directing level
- A knowledge of photography and video production process
- Comfortable growing our creative team as we grow
AirRobe at a glance
AirRobe focuses on Fashion, Peer-to-Peer, Marketplaces, and Fashion Tech. Their company has offices in Melbourne. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://airrobe.com