Finance & Accounting Partner to 100+ Startups
Director of Accounting$100k – $130k
At airCFO, we believe that startups are building the future each and every day. For most of our clients, the most limited resource is time. airCFO saves our clients’ time by managing their accounting, tax & finance functions so they can focus on building a successful business. airCFO helps startups build their finance, tax & accounting functions to scale with efficient processes and tools that gives them insight into their financial performance. Our vision is to become the nation’s most respected financial partner for startups -- serving organizations from Silicon Valley to NYC.
Due to increasing demand for our services, we are hiring for a Director of Accounting!
The Director of Accounting will lead airCFO’s largest department (currently 10 people). As Director of Accounting your vision and execution will determine airCFO’s path forward for delivering accounting services to our 100+ clients. In general you will:
- Serve as head of airCFO’s Accounting team and represent the Accounting function within airCFO’s leadership meetings.
- Hire, train, promote and retain our Accounting team to help airCFO double the size of its Accounting group over the next 2-3 years
- Act as “Head of Product” for the various accounting services we currently deliver and will build in the future.
- Set performance goals for all members of the Accounting team and hold team members accountable for meeting & exceeding those goals.
- Work closely with the other Directors to ensure alignment in the positioning, quality and standardization of airCFO’s service offerings.
- Act as a point of contact for client concerns, questions or assistance within the Accounting Team.
- Lead & drive progress on internal initiatives to help airCFO continue to grow.
- Work closely with team to grow professional skills and technical knowledge to improve service quality
Tools you'll work with on daily-basis:
- Startup Accounting Software such as: Quickbooks, Bill.com, Gusto, Expensify, Brex, etc.
- Internal Communication Tools - Slack, Zoom, Google Suite, Project
- Management Software
- Microsoft Office
You'll thrive here if:
- You’re an independent, self-directed problem solver & critical thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups.
- You have great attention to detail.
- You won’t rest until our clients are 100% satisfied.
- You’re not interested in working in a cubicle.
- You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and wear different hats every day.
- You’re a sponge for learning new things. You'll be exposed to many business models, concepts, and leadership styles, learning that will serve you well no matter where your career takes you.
- You enjoy building - whether that’s a team or a new product offering.
- 5 - 15 years progressive experience in Accounting
- 2+ years experience successfully managing an Accounting Department at a Controller or Director level, where you are responsible for close (bonus points if you’ve managed a team remotely)
- CPA preferred (but not required) and deep working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong desire to help build a department, develop new tools and craft new processes
- Experience hiring, training, managing and professionally developing a staff of Controllers and Accountants
- Cross functional experience in both a consulting role (e.g. Big 4 or Public Accounting) and managerial accounting role
- Fluency with FP&A when it comes to startups and the ability to speak to areas such as modeling, budgeting, forecasting or fundraising.
- Experience working with startups, especially early-stage organizations (Pre-Seed - Series C).
What we offer:
Flexible working environment. We don’t care where you do your best work - whether that is in the office, at home or in a coworking space! We’re distributed across the US and we’re proud to be able to hire talented individuals regardless of their location.
Competitive compensation. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with your experience and skills.
Growth. We are a profitable and growing consulting startup with a proven business model. As we continue to scale, opportunities for growth will arise.
Networking and Exposure. With close-knit ties to the Midwest, NYC and Silicon Valley startup scenes, you will have the opportunity to work with clients, vendors and partners directly. We have clients all over the country with over 60% of our clients based in Silicon Valley and San Francisco bay area.
Event Attendance. Our team attends conferences such as Startup Scaleup, Female Entrepreneur Summit, TechCrunch Disrupt and more from Cleveland to San Francisco. As part of our team, you could join and make lasting connections.
Unlimited PTO. We empower our team to be proactive about their personal and professional health by offering Unlimited PTO.
Comprehensive Benefits. We offer 401(K), healthcare insurance, dental and vision insurance. We also offer stipends for personal wellness, learning and development, and office setups.
This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and applicants will be subject to a background check and employment reference check at the expense to airCFO.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
airCFO is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of airCFO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.