Finance & Accounting Partner to 100+ Startups
Financial Advisory Manager (Remote)$80k – $100k • No equity
At airCFO, we believe that startups are building the future each and every day. airCFO helps these startups shape the future by building their finance, tax & accounting functions to scale with efficient processes and tools that gives insight into their financial performance. Our vision is to become the nation’s most respected financial partner for startups -- serving organizations from Silicon Valley to NYC.
Due to increasing demand for our services, we are hiring for a Financial Advisory Manager! If you have a passion for working with fast-growing tech startups and you want to enhance your knowledge and skills working with multiple clients in a variety of industries, come and join our team of accounting and financial professionals.
What our Financial Advisory Manager does:
- Serve as “part-time CFO” for 10+ startups and act as a trusted advisor to startup executives to help maximize their chances of success.
- Build out investor-grade, dynamic financial models & forecasts for our clients to support their strategic decisions such as fundraising, hiring, go-to-market strategy and scenario planning.
- Leverage airCFO’s internal template library and build custom tools to fulfill individual clients’ financial analysis needs
- Hold recurring & ad hoc calls with clients to review financial results, discuss forward-looking financial projections, and offer guidance on financial/accounting matters
- Identify & compile relevant KPIs to ensure companies are monitoring appropriately
- Assist client with budget-setting process; load budget into financial model and tracking company’s actual performance against budget
- Assess client’s financial/accounting processes, propose list of recommendations for improvement, and manage implementation of those improvements
- Strategize with clients and act as an advisor during their fundraise cycle to help them efficiently navigate the process from start to finish
- Assist airCFO team in building out our practice and developing new products
- Contribute on internal initiatives to help airCFO continue to grow
Tools you'll work with on daily-basis:
- Google Suite (especially Sheets)
- Quickbooks Online
- Microsoft Office
- and more!
You'll thrive here if:
- You’re an independent, initiative problem solver, and critical thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for tech startups.
- You won’t rest until our clients are 100% satisfied.
- You’re not interested in working in a cubicle and you have strong passion in working either at or for a startup.
- You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and wear different hats when needed.
- You’re a sponge for learning new things. You'll be exposed to many business models, concepts, and leadership styles; learning that will serve you well no matter where your career takes you.
- 3+ years’ experience working in financial analysis, investment banking, management consulting, or technology startups in a similar role
- Advanced data analysis, modeling & forecasting skills; highly proficient in
- MS Excel/Google Sheets
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; able to simplify and explain complex financial issues and topics to clients
- Ability to prospect and market new services to existing and potential accounts
- Basic knowledge of GAAP
- Bachelor's degree – Accounting or Finance preferred
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
What we offer:
- Flexible working environment. We don’t care where you do your best work - whether that is in the office, at home or in a coworking space. We’re distributed across the US and we’re proud to be able to hire talented individuals regardless of their location.
- Competitive compensation. We offer competitive compensation package commensurate with your experience and skills.
- Growth. We are a profitable and growing consulting startup with a proven business model. As we continue to scale, opportunities for growth will arise.
- Networking and Exposure. With close-knit ties to the Cleveland, Midwest and Silicon Valley startup scenes, you will have the opportunity to work with these companies directly. We have clients all over the country with over 60% of our clients based in Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay Area.
- Event Attendance. Our team attends conferences such as Startup Scaleup, Female Entrepreneur Summit, TechCrunch Disrupt and more from Cleveland to San Francisco. As part of our team, you could join and make lasting connections.
- Unlimited PTO. We empower our team to be proactive about their personal and professional health by offering Unlimited PTO.
- Comprehensive Benefits. We offer 401(K), healthcare insurance, dental and vision insurance. We also offer stipends for personal wellness, learning and development, and office setups.
This position will report to the Director of Financial Advisory and applicants will be subject to a background check and employment reference check at the expense to airCFO.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
airCFO is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of airCFO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.