Rec Room is a virtual social club where you create and play games with friends.
Senior Game Designer, Player Experience
Rec Room is a virtual social club where you play and create games with friends. We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to work on our core player experience. As a Sr. Game Designer you will focus on creating delightful interactions and gameplay mechanics across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR).
- Own the design of our core player experience, such as controls and player interactions on mobile, console and VR platforms.
- Drive prototyping of new features, especially cross-platform multiplayer features
- Lead and mentor junior designers
- Work on design projects across the larger company as needed
- 5+ years of experience designing, building and shipping games
- 1+ years of experience working on social gameplay and/or building features for online communities
- Experience shipping at least one multiplayer game
- Experience with working with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or something similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous and ambiguous environment.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR)
- Experience working on a live service
- Lead designer experience
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room respects employees personal lives and we value work life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure a collaborative, diverse and inclusive work culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.