Partner for design, innovation & disruption
Business/Design Analyst InternNo salary • No equity
Please submit an application at the following site: http://www.adg.design/internship
We're looking to bring on a smart, motivated individual with an interest in design to help us complete design and/or business tasks that scale our agency. If you’re a designer with an interest in business, or a business student interested in design this is a great position for you to be on the frontlines of a growing design organization.
Want to make a big impact at a growing design company?
At ADG, we believe good design is good business. We work with clients to measure the impact of design in their digital product development. We look at problems through the lens of Design & Society.
You’ll join our team who has worked with disruptors like Airbnb, McKinsey, Samsung, as well as organizations like 500 Startups and The World Bank.
What you’ll do:
You will work closely with our Principal & Founder to operationalize the business for scalability and success. You’ll get to touch most aspects of the business, doing things like establishing sales processes, developing proposals, publishing articles, designing web pages, conducting business research & analysis, financial modelling, prototyping, and more. We don’t expect you to have done it all before, but we do expect you to be eager to learn, experiment, and try.
We’re rapidly scaling up our services and expanding into critical sectors like digital health and urban systems. If you have interests in either of these, you can focus on one to work on.
Your day-to-day will vary quite a bit, but you can expect your time to be split among some of the following areas of activities:
- Support go-to-market initiatives – This could be establishing repeatable sales & marketing processes, developing winning proposals, and publishing articles showcasing our work and thought leadership.
- Conduct business analysis – research one of our focal areas (digital health or urban systems), conduct market research, build financial models, or other activities as it would help in conducting our design work with our clients
- Participate in design – on our client engagements, support problem framing, prototyping, and testing ideas to implement alongside our expert design team
- Establish new processes for the company – The company is looking to grow, and with it that entails not just doing the work but creating repeatable processes and setting up tools to help us run the business more effectively and efficiently
Attributes we’re looking for:
- Self-starter – you don’t need the solution defined for you to be able to start tackling a problem
- Highly communicative – you’ll likely be working remote for this role, so ask questions, keep up to date, and share progress regularly through our online channels. But also be clear in your communications, since you’ll be expected to write a lot
- Analytical – data (quantitative and qualitative) drives our approach, and being able to break down problems and analyze its components with rigour is essential
- Systems thinker – believe design has the potential to impact businesses and societies, and so we need someone who can simplify complexity
- Wants to keep learning – you’ll get lots of intimate exposure to how the company is run and the work we do
- Values trust and good work – we do not negotiate on quality and build reputation through trusted partnerships
- Monthly Stipend
- Ability to work remotely
- 4-6 month duration of a one to two day a week commitment (negotiable)