The smartest ai in the world, taking care of you
Performance Engineer, Lead
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in a high-growth organization and to work on a revolutionary product. In this role, you will be an integral member of the engineering team to build and lead Aera’s Performance Engineering team at Pune. If you enjoy relentlessly digging into the root cause of bottlenecks, finding optimizations, coming up with creative strategies, then we are your ideal destination!
You will be leading the Performance Engineering Strategy for our platform and various products. You will be performance engineering architect doing planning, monitoring and leading the effort on all aspects of performance testing on large-scale and complex platform.
- Lead the effort in designing performance framework and writing performance tests following the best practice and coding standards for various navigation flows
- Accountable for creating, executing and reporting performance test execution summary
- Develop relevant and representative workloads to benchmark to execute, analyze, profile, verify the performance for cloud application architectures and features, including database design, API, enterprise level technologies
- Reproduce and resolve critical performance issues that customers face in the internal test environment and incorporate them into workloads
- Utilize various scripting languages, Java, and standardized tools to mimic real world production and generate load against internal test environment
- Design and run overhead, scalability, stress tests using standardized industry tools and frameworks to identify hot spots, bottlenecks, and breaking points in the software platform
- Identify areas of performance bottlenecks, report observation to stakeholders and make appropriate recommendations. Troubleshoot and isolate performance bottlenecks in different features and the architecture
- Develop custom tools as needed for automated data generation, test execution, results analysis, etc.
- Contribute to establishing reusable/repeatable processes for performance testing as per the industry’s best practices for the IT QA organization
- You have at least 9+ years of strong experience in Performance Engineering/Testing and tuning web based enterprise applications
- You have excellent knowledge on performance concepts & load/soak/scalability/ stress testing
- You have experience with API level performance testing and UI performance testing to improve faster load of pages
- Experience in planning, estimating, designing, executing and analyzing performance tests. You should be able to implement the overall performance test strategy and lead best practices and standards set in the team
- Bring experience working in an agile environment, "DevOps" team or a similar multi skilled team in a technically demanding function
- You have experience in performance tests on the web as well as mobile devices and performance test automation with Jenkins CI/CD pipeline
- You have experience in diagnosing performance issues & bottlenecksYou bring strong hands-on experience with performance testing tools (such as JMeter, LoadRunner/Performance Center), and APM tools (such as AppDynamics, dynaTrace, New Relic, Splunk)
- You have experience in performance testing and tuning microservices / APIs running on cloud based PaaS platforms, either on-premise or within a managed service (eg. AWS)
- Ability to coach and collaborate inside and outside the team - you enjoy working closely with others, teaching, and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work
- You bring in a positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a big deal for us, we’re looking for smart people who are excited about solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things donePropose resolutions for software/hardware changes and upgrades to address identified bottlenecks and support higher throughput
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology at a glance
Aera Technology focuses on SaaS, Analytics, and Subscription Businesses. Their company has offices in Mountain View and Sunnyvale. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Aera Technology has raised $43.657M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2016.