Corporate Infrastructure Engineer
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
In this role, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Corporate Infrastructure Engineer position is a highly technical hands-on role which requires you to be a great team member as well as an individual contributor.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be to build and lead the Aera’s IT Operational and Strategic requirements as we grow. In this role, you will work with various stakeholders and teams to understand their needs, to design, build and support them with the needed IT infrastructure.
- Operations - 70%
- Oversee the success of all corporate technology services in the region, including employee support, executive support, audio visual services, information security, and infrastructure and network troubleshooting
- Provide break-fix support for PC and MAC users across a variety of IT infrastructure and technologies
- Source, procure and purchase all hardware, software and peripheral needs for staffing and general infrastructure requirements
- New hire hardware and software setups including all profiles, appropriate network access and user aliases
- Manage, track and renew all software licenses that the Aera possesses and needs to acquire
- Maintain and troubleshoot all wi-fi and wireless connectivity infrastructure
- Manage key deliverables including storage, backup strategies, data transfers and cloud/streaming initiatives
- Responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve Aera’s operating environment
Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as reported by users, supporting Web access and electronic messaging services and maintaining a secure systems environment
Strategy - 30%
Identify business challenges and propose proactive technical solutions to resolve them
Work with Aera stakeholders and key business partners to design, influence and integrate technical solutions to support and enable effective Corporate Services
Collaborate with Technology counterparts across departments to identify best practices and lessons learned to drive operational efficiencies and future growth planning
Spearhead all IT strategic planning discussions related to potential future office locations
Oversee IT integration with multiple remote partners and offsite locations
Identify long-term strategies and business justification for additional IT resources to accommodate Employee growth
- 5+ years in an IT Engineering or operations role
- 5+ years of proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems
- Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale complex infrastructure systems
- 2+ years experience with enterprise storage technologies
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory fundamentals (Administration\Troubleshoot of Active Directory, Group Policy, AD Replication, Authentication, Kerberos)
- Knowledge of Desktop technologies (User Profiles, Domain Joining, Windows 10)
- Knowledge of various OS related functionality including, but not limited to Backups, Capacity Planning, Disaster Recovery, and File System Management
- Knowledge in configuring, administrating and troubleshooting of Microsoft® Windows Products including Windows Server 2008/R2, Windows Server 2016/2012/R2, Win10
- Previous experience with MacOS
- Understanding of different protocols and services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, WSUS, WDS)
- Strong fundamentals on TCP/IP concepts, load balancing, GTM, ACL, routing, network analysis and performance and application issues using standard tools
- Experience within the last 5 years operating business critical services
- Scripting Knowledge (Bash, PowerShell) and AWS experience a Big Plus!
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology at a glance
Aera Technology focuses on SaaS, Analytics, and Subscription Businesses. Their company has offices in Sunnyvale. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Aera Technology has raised $43.657M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2016.