Get a clearer financial picture—at every level
Software Engineer - Product Platform (Internal Services)
Addepar is building a single platform unifying hundreds of portfolio and market data systems and leveraging that platform to create robust, powerful financial applications.
The technical effort involved is massive. Our data ingestion platform processes tens of millions of transactions across millions of accounts every day and our pricing and reference data systems provide analytics coverage for nearly two trillion dollars in assets. We build and run our own distributed financial computation framework that allows clients to run complex analysis of massive data sets in real time. We design robust APIs and powerful, versatile user interfaces to empower wealth managers to ask nuanced questions about their clients' holdings.
As a software engineer working on our product platform, you will build new services to extract and standardize cross-cutting product features, working in concert with our product and design teams.Your work will have a large impact turning single-point code into standard services accessible across teams and infrastructure. We expect you to lead technical projects and passionate about writing code. Our primary areas of responsibility include identity management, authorization and permissioning as we investigate new ways to integrate with both client and partner systems.
Addepar expects its engineering team members to be capable of executing across the stack, although specialization in one or more areas is common and encouraged. The common thread that unites all product engineers at Addepar is that they focus on delivering great products that drive value for Addepar clients. To be successful in this mission, in addition to your technical skills, we expect strong communication skills, the ability to work cross-functionally, and a context-driven approach to product development.
The problems we’re tackling at Addepar are complex, but they’re also globally important. Addepar has the potential to make private investing more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. If you’re interested in that, we’re excited to meet you.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience.).
- 5+ years experience as a professional software engineer.
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward functional service-based code.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers.
- Experience building scalable systems, designing and implementing internal software services.
- Experience with AuthZ/AuthN services and their implementation or integration.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $1.7 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.
Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits.
Stretch the idea of ownership beyond your day-to-day and take pride in being an owner in the growth of Addepar.
Flexible time off
Spend time traveling, celebrating with friends and family or relax on your schedule.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner on us.
A monthly gym allowance to keep you healthy and happy.
Dog friendly office.
Your continued growth and development are important to us.
At Addepar, each employee is encouraged to participate in AddeOne, where we collectively invest 1% of our time to contribute to the communities where we live and work.
Addepar at a glance
Addepar focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Financial Services, Investment Management, and Finance. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, Chicago, Mountain View, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Addepar has raised $205.84M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.