Get a clearer financial picture—at every level
Forward Deployed Engineer
Addepar has the potential to make a huge swath of private investing more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. We’re building a single platform that unifies hundreds of portfolio and market data systems and leveraging that platform to create robust, powerful financial applications. The problems we’re tackling are complex and globally important. The technical effort involved to build a fast, scalable and reliable platform is massive. Addepar engineering builds portfolio data ingestion systems that process tens of millions of transactions across millions of accounts every day, and pricing and reference data systems that provide coverage for over a trillion dollars in assets. We build and run our own distributing serving and financial calculation framework that allows clients to run complex analysis of massive data sets in real time. -- As a forward deployed engineer, you will bridge the gap between Addepar’s platform and client’s business requirements. You will create custom data pipelines and tight integrations between client systems and Addepar. You will show the customer value quickly and turn learnings into scalable and repeatable long term solutions. Our forward deployed engineering team sits within core data engineering and embeds directly with our customers to create the solutions they require to fully utilize the power of the Addepar platform. Required Skills:
- 4+ years professional experience delivering broad technical solutions to enterprise scale customers.
- Production level proficiency in one common interpreted (ex: Python, Ruby) programming language.
- Experience building systems with relational databases. Other additional non-relational datastore experience is also a plus.
- Able and willing to mentor and guide other Engineers in architectural issues and best practices.
- Ability to manage complex projects, relationships and timelines. Excels working in a cross disciplinary team/environment.
- BS+ in Computer Science or other highly technical field paired with software industry experience.
- (Plus) A working knowledge of the financial services industry. Exposure to the system architecture in large institutions is very applicable.
- (Plus) Experience in one or more strongly typed server side programming language (ex: Java, C++). Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics, and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. The company’s platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage data for over $1.7 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and in 2018 received Morgan Stanley’s Fintech Award for making a significant impact on the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. Addepar is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to building together and to do that best, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas.
Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits.
Stretch the idea of ownership beyond your day-to-day and take pride in being an owner in the growth of Addepar.
Flexible time off
Spend time traveling, celebrating with friends and family or relax on your schedule.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner on us.
A monthly gym allowance to keep you healthy and happy.
Dog friendly office.
Your continued growth and development are important to us.
At Addepar, each employee is encouraged to participate in AddeOne, where we collectively invest 1% of our time to contribute to the communities where we live and work.
Addepar at a glance
Addepar focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Financial Services, Investment Management, and Finance. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, Chicago, Mountain View, and Salt Lake City. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Addepar has raised $205.84M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.