Ad transparency and control
Senior Software Developer$135k – $150k • No equity
Ad Lightning is hiring a Senior Software Developer to join one of the first startups out of Pioneer Square Labs. We’re on a mission to provide transparency and control across the digital advertising ecosystem. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a rapidly growing venture-backed business, utilize leading edge technology, and make meaningful contributions to the product life cycle.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be part of a small team that designs and develops applications to analyze ad quality, block offending ads and provide transparency to the ecosystem. This includes building client-side script that is executed billions of times per day, serverless services to process data and UI components to visual data. You’ll work closely with the team to design, review, and implement product features as well as manage code and configuration deployment in cloud.
The following skills/experience are required:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in in an object oriented language such as Java or Python
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable systems
- Deep understanding of web technologies: HTTP, HTML, CSS, DOM, and front-end build toolchains such as rollup.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management (Git, SVN, etc.), build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies is preferred.
- Experience in the digital advertising space (SSP, DSP, ad server, or audience data products) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
How you’ll succeed:
We are looking for high performers who can get things done in a fast moving, high-intensity environment.
- Thrive in a startup environment, not just building great software, but an incredible company.
- Be a primary code contributor solving difficult problems for highly scalable applications.
- Serve as a technical lead
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- Building and optimising client side script that works across various devices/browsers
- Exert technical influence on the core platform teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your knowledge and experience