Email & marketing automation designed for small businesses
Salesforce Software Engineer
ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 120,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 120,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Salesforce Software Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user database. You will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and operation of customized Salesforce applications, components, and integrations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development.
Work on and interact with a variety of internal systems that utilize a wide variety of technologies with amazing people on an amazing product!
What your day could consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build and improve the ActiveCampaign platform and its integration with Salesforce, and drive with the team to design and build new features and advanced capabilities
- Optimize systems to improve stability, performance, and scalability
- Produce quality, tested code, and help define coding standards and best practices
- Ability to evaluate and communicate tradeoffs
- Keep informed on industry activity and advocate for new patterns or approaches when appropriate
- Mentor and grow fellow engineers
- Participate in external industry events and collaborations
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Code review
What is needed:
- Extensive and proven experience with Force.com (APEX, VisualForce, Lightning Component framework, SFDX) developing on the Salesforce.com platform
- Experience with PHP is ideal
- Experience interacting with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks a plus (i.e., Laravel, Django/Flask, Rails)
- Experience with ORM frameworks a plus (i.e., Doctrine, SQLAlchemy, ActiveRecord)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with Salesforce Managed Package experience a plus
- Knowledgable in writing automated tests
- Care about the end-user experience
- Being able to take a general idea and add your own insight and tweaks to it
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.
ActiveCampaign at a glance
ActiveCampaign focuses on Sales and Marketing, CRM, Small and Medium Businesses, Email, and Email Marketing. Their company has offices in Chicago. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, ActiveCampaign has raised $120M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.