Invest your spare change, and grow bit by bit
Technical Recruiter | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and fin a way. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the movement to transform an industry.
Acorns is seeking a Technical Recruiter to partner with our Engineering teams to identify uniquely talented and diverse candidates to drive Acorns’ vision forward.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn about the Acorns product and culture and build relationships across the business.
- Partner with Engineering management to understand the short-term and long-term talent and staffing strategy.
- Develop a strong understanding of the recruitment process.
- Begin screening and qualifying candidates for technical abilities and alignment with Acorns’ mission and core values.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process, ensuring a seamless and world-class candidate experience.
- Partner with the Engineering organization to implement best practices for recruiting, interviewing and hiring.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with leadership and key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Build and maintain a network of top technical candidates through proactive sourcing strategies and on-going relationship management.
- Propose innovative strategies for sourcing and building a pipeline of technical talent.
- Utilize data to improve recruiting efficiency, drive innovation and influence hiring decisions.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Recommend strategies that will continuously improve and scale our recruiting operations and results.
- Collaborate with broader HR team to create a strong employer brand and be an ambassador of Acorns’ mission.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 4+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience across multiple tech/product disciplines.
- Consistent track record of sourcing, recruiting, and closing extraordinary technical talent.
- Solid experience sourcing diverse candidates through multiple creative channels.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through.
- Ability to execute on a diverse set of tasks with a high level of excellence and urgency.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for people and being part of a highly engaged team.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Acorns at a glance
Acorns focuses on Mobile, Financial Services, Investment Management, Finance, and Apps. Their company has offices in California, Irvine, and Newport Beach. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Acorns has raised $64.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2016.