Bringing patients and healthcare teams together, when anyone in a GP practice to text a patient
UX Researcher£35k – £50k • 0.025% – 0.1%
At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we're building a world-leading healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple - to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK's fastest-growing tech start ups. In one year, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 20% of the market. Today, over 40% of GP practices rely on us, we've just gone live in pharmacies and will soon be used in hospitals. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other..
We're on an incredible journey at accuRx with big ambitions, problems to solve and lives to change!
Life as a UX Researcher at accuRx
As a UX Researcher you’ll be part of our incredibly talented Product Team. You’ll be working closely with our Head of User Research and Product Managers to produce high quality research, feeding into product development and helping the team to better understand our users. You’ll also work closely with our Lead Designer in informing and evaluating designs, and with our Engineers throughout the entire process.
We work in product squads, and whilst you will work closely with the Head of User Research, you’ll be expected to own key areas of user research within your squad, suggesting and executing the best approach and methods to use.
You’ll be creative and take initiative in how you conduct research and testing (read more about the some of the hurdles of user research in healthcare in our Head of User Research’s blog here!). You’ll bring others in your product squad (e.g. Engineers) along the user research journey, and get them involved throughout whether that be shadowing at the frontline, interviews or remote testing.
With our growth in GP practices, and our expansion into pharmacies and hospitals, it’s a really exciting time to join our Product Team.
We’d really like to hear from you if....
You'll have 2 years experience in a User / UX Research role.
Ideally you’ll have experience working with software teams, and have hands-on experience with exploratory and generative qualitative research methods. We’d also love if you had any experience doing user research in a healthcare context, but it’s not necessary.
- You’re a strong communicator and facilitator, and have the ability to really represent the needs of our users to the rest of the team
- You’ll be comfortable with using your initiative and thinking on your feet in planning and conducting user research
- You've worked in a multidisciplinary team environment before, where your research has had a significant impact on the product or service you were working on
- You’re empathetic, love talking to people and have the ability to strike up a good rapport easily
- You care about the environment, and making sustainable choices about how we run the company
- You thrive in a culture of feedback – giving it and receiving it
- You’re friendly and approachable – whether it’s with our team, visitors, or job candidates
- You care about making healthcare better for patients and staff
- You share our values (read more about them in our Culture Deck)
Perks of the job at accuRx
People are what drives us.
Our users are the reason we created our product and inspire us every day to be better.
However, we would not have achieved so much so soon without our own incredible team. In order to continue changing the lives of healthcare practitioners and patients nationwide, we are looking for more fantastic talent to join us!
Here are just some of the reasons why accuRx is an awesome place to work:
- Meaningful share options, so that you own a part of the company and get rewarded for all of your hard work.
- Free breakfast daily and constant supply of fruit, snacks and drinks in the office.
- Weekly team lunches and monthly team dinners, cooked and enjoyed in our beautiful new offices (led by one of our Co-Founders Jacob, who was on MasterChef, and we love to take full advantage of his culinary skills - so far we've made our own sushi, pizza and pasta!)
- Office yoga, park runs and gym classes.
- Annual week-long Summer Retreat - no expense spared - with partners invited for the weekend.
- £500 annual wellness bonus - to support both physical and mental health.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Beautiful, brand new office in Haggerston near Shoreditch, equipped with the latest tech and (of course) ping pong table.
- Pension scheme.
We're building a business and culture to be proud of - see our Employee Handbook in full here.
Check us out on Instagram to see what life at accuRx is really like!
Not right for you? Take a look at other career opportunities available with us.
Why is a diverse and inclusive workplace so important to us?
Each health system is made up of a diverse workforce, serving 100% of the population. We are building for them, not us. We can only transform health systems if we build a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, opinions and personalities. We are an equal opportunities employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, people with disabilities and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.