Acceleprise is a worldwide SaaS venture fund and accelerator backed by leading operators
If you're interested in the role, please apply here: https://acceleprise.breezy.hr/p/6642a00b32be-venture-associate
Acceleprise is a B2B SaaS focused accelerator, seed fund and corporate innovation partner with offices in NYC, SF and Toronto. Over the last 5.5 years, Acceleprise has invested in 150+ companies that have gone on to raise $215M+ in follow on funding from funds like NEA, Menlo Ventures, True Ventures, Founders Fund, SV Angel, Salesforce Ventures and many more.
We are looking to hire a Venture Associate to join our investment team making investments across both our accelerator and seed funds. This is an amazing chance to join a rapidly growing organization, have a high amount of autonomy, room to be entrepreneurial, and play a crucial role in sourcing, evaluating and closing 70+ investments per year.
Let’s get into the role: This person will come into a top ranked accelerator with the infrastructure and resources that drives deal flow. As a member of our investment team, the candidate will assist in all aspects of our investment process, including sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities. As part of this role, you will be responsible for screening deal flow, conducting market research, and assisting in the due diligence process. In addition, you will be tasked with building and maintaining relationships with our portfolio founders, investors, and the broader startup ecosystem.
*Your Title: Venture Associate - San Francisco
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing plan tied to revenue from sponsorships and corporate innovation partnerships
- Carried interest in both our accelerator fund and seed fund
The top priorities of this role:
- Deal pipeline management - screen inbound deal flow, review applications and take first calls with founders.
- Manage an outbound deal flow process and identify potential investment opportunities to reach out to.
- Source prospective investments by cultivating relationships with founders, angels, pre-seed and seed funds, startup communities and industry leaders.
- Help prepare internal investment memos and perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities, including analysis of new markets, technologies, and competitive landscapes.
- Build and maintain relationships and actively track early-stage founders ahead of potential financing events.
Who you are:
- Deeply passionate about venture capital and startups, with an empathy for the founder journey.
- 1-3 years of relevant investment experience preferred but not required (venture capital, private equity, startup, investment banking, business development)
- Possess strong communication, analytical, and strategic reasoning skills.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter who loves the hustle of sourcing in early-stage venture and evaluating a high volume of deals.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with high integrity, a strong work ethic and takes a lot of pride in their work
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail.
Acceleprise recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status' as required by applicable law.
Acceleprise’s dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, equity and inclusion is more than a commitment- it is the foundation of what we do. We strongly encourage people from diverse and/or underrepresented backgrounds to apply to this position
Please apply to this role using this link: https://acceleprise.breezy.hr/p/6642a00b32be-venture-associate