Machine Learning for Cyber Security
Machine Learning Engineer$120k – $180k • 0.01% – 0.1%
About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks.
Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t -- advanced attacks that have never been seen before -- and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support. Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco and New York City.
We are tackling hard and unsolved cybersecurity problems, and machine learning is the only way we will succeed. As a member of the machine learning team, you will be responsible for developing and improving ML models to detect attacks, and coming up with new and clever ways to pull signals out of huge amounts of data. Your work will be open ended, but goal directed.
- hands-on ML experience
- experience with at least 1 ML toolkit (e.g. sklearn, tensorflow, pytorch, etc)
- masters or PhD with ML specialization
- 2+ years of industry experience building ML systems
- comfortable with both software engineering and data science
- Previous startup work experience, or working in the early stages of a product’s lifecycle
Nice To Haves:
- experience with Deep Learning
- experience with text understanding, entity recognition or other NLP
- experience with distribution computation (pyspark, hadoop etc)
Why Abnormal Security:
- Competitive pay and equity
- One of the most proven machine learning teams in Silicon Valley
- Best-in-class customer traction and growth
- Team-wide commitment to excellence, velocity, and customer-focus
- Strong growth opportunities and high ownership expectations
- Full medical, dental, and vision health insurance benefits
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Generous PTO
100% coverage for employees and 50% for dependents for Medical, Dental and Vision.
Abnormal covers the cost of One Medical for all employees.
We offer a FSA program for employees that choose to set aside pre-tax dollars for healthcare expenses.
Great parental leave
12 weeks of paid maternity or paternity leave for all employees.
Great equity packages
We offer very competitive equity (ISOs) packages for most roles, allowing employees to share in Abnormal's long-term upside..
We offer 15 days of paid accrued PTO per year with up to 5 days rolling over to the next year. Should you leave Abnormal, you would receive pay for unused PTO days.
Abnormal offers free lunches for employees including catered lunches for SF, and meal delivery services for NY and UT.
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Employees can contribute up to $265/month pre-tax for public/mass transit.
Abnormal Security at a glance
Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Abnormal Security has raised $24M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.