As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve
Tech Lead: Backend Services$150k – $170k
About AB InBev
AB InBev is the leading global brewer and one of the world’s top 5 consumer product companies. With over 500 beer brands we’re number one in many of the world’s top beer markets: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
About the Team
We’re rethinking the way AB InBev does business with its retail customers and creating digital experiences to serve them. You will be joining a new digital organization within AB InBev consisting of digital strategy, product, design, analytics, operations and engineering. This organization is responsible for building the products and platforms that transform our traditional sales operations across the world.
About the Job
The Tech Lead: Backend Services will transform innovative and strategic ideas into integral business systems and tools. You will be responsible for the design, build and deploy of our innovative products and services providing technical leadership and making key architectural decisions. We are looking for hands-on coding, mentoring developers as well as designing system architecture.
Main stakeholders will include Front-end application teams
- Be a leading voice in team discussions and decisions. Focus on the whole team’s productivity and strive to increase the impact of the team’s work product.
- Lead teams of engineers located globally, e.g. Brazil
- Assume technical responsibility for new services and functionality, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Lead, coach, pair with and mentor backend software engineers.
- Lead the team in defining architecture, technical requirements and solutions and drive projects through to completion.
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Contribute to the adoption of software architecture and new technologies.
- Be a leader within your team and the organization.
- Identify and lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects into milestones and identifying risks and dependencies.
- Break down tasks for other engineers and offer guidance to other engineers on the team when they are blocked.
- Engage in code reviews helping maintain our coding standards and improving our code quality.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- 8+ years of relevant experience including e-commerce, micro services development, and/or systems.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience.
- At least two years being a tech lead of a group of three or more software engineers.
- Good active listening skills, the ability to empathize with customers, stakeholders and other engineers.
- Experience working using Agile methodology in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead architecture meetings and technical discussions with the focus of reaching consensus and best practice solutions.
- At least three demonstrable experiences in leading the deployments of systems into production.
- Experience in a high-paced, high-growth environment working with deadlines and milestones.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done.
- Senior-level with Java spring boot, no sql databases (MongoDB), event-driven architecture, message bus (RabbitMQ or equivalent) and can learn anything you don't already know to get the job done.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
- Have a solid understanding of clean software design principles.
- Experience mentoring engineers with the team-focused mentality for success.
- Experience with data modeling and at least one database engine (MongoDB).
- Experience with distributed systems, CI/CD(Azure DevOps / VSTS) tools, and containerizing applications(Kubernetes), Cloud Hosting (Azure).
- Proven experience in e-commerce development and integration.
- Work with developers and product owners to create and maintain test automation for our products.
- Work with development teams to understand test automation gaps and implement coverage.
- Have experience using monitoring and metrics to support KPIs and performance of APIs
- JVM, microservice, and experience w/ event-driven architecture.
- Experience with XP practices such as pair programming and Test Driven Development.
AB InBev at a glance
AB InBev focuses on Food and Beverages, Technology, and Craft Beer. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.
You can view their website at https://www.ab-inbev.com/