Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Hyperfine Research is on a mission to democratize healthcare by making MRI technology accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by building the first ever bedside MRI system. Our breakthrough technology enables portable point-of-care MRI and significantly lowers the cost, power, and weight versus that of traditional fixed MRI systems.
Hyperfine is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Hyperfine benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding. The Hyperfine device was 510k FDA cleared in February 2020.
Joining Hyperfine Research is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Our device has received FDA approval, and we’re gearing up for a full commercial launch in the fall. As such, we need an experienced backend web developer to help build out our cloud.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Learn all about groundbreaking MRI technologies
- Develop an innovative suite of web services to manage a fleet of advanced medical devices
- Build and scale our cloud infrastructure to support an extensive suite of web services
- Implement novel data models to capture a fascinating set of patient and machine data
- Develop and improve our exciting, next-generation IoT platform
- Follow best practices and expand your skillset with the latest tools and technologies
- Some of the tools you’ll be working with :
- An advanced level of experience with Python and SQL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in production software and/or regulated environments
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture and how distributed systems operate at scale.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- AWS administration
- Web application development in Django
- Experience building and troubleshooting docker images
- Maintenance and configuration of CI/CD systems
You Deeply Identify with Core Hyperfine Research Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Hyperfine Research does not accept agency resumes.
Hyperfine Research is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.