Field Service Engineer
Hyperfine Research is on a mission to democratize healthcare by making MRI technology accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by building the first ever bedside MRI system. Our breakthrough technology enables portable point-of-care MRI and significantly lowers the cost, power, and weight versus that of traditional fixed MRI systems.
Hyperfine is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Hyperfine benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding. The Hyperfine device was 510k FDA cleared in February 2020.
Joining Hyperfine Research is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Conducts on-site installation, maintenance, troubleshooting repair and support of medical devices at customer sites.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with customers, clinical scientists, system users and company personnel.
- Assists a team to support both IRB and 510K approved MRI medical instrumentation.
- Aids in the setup of a service infrastructure.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 2+ years of experience in electronic system troubleshooting or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Requires approximately 5 years hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex medical system
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication, ability to deal effectively with customers, and driven to satisfy customers
- Conducts on-site installation of medical equipment following test procedures to ensure proper working order, and maintenance and maintenance training for customers
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and clinical scientists
- Help establish and drive setup of service infrastructure that can scale.
- Have ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to board/component level
- Travel, often and on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel
- Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Able to read and interpret schematics
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Servicing Medical Device experience
- Experience with Hospital networks
- Knowledge of basic electronics and electromagnetism
- Experience with software, test automation and issue tracking
- Leadership experience
You Deeply Identify with Core Hyperfine Research Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Hyperfine Research does not accept agency resumes.
Hyperfine Research is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.