MRI Sequence Developer
Hyperfine Research is on a mission to democratize healthcare by making MRI technology accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by building the first ever bedside MRI system. Our breakthrough technology enables portable point-of-care MRI and significantly lowers the cost, power, and weight versus that of traditional fixed MRI systems.
Hyperfine is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Hyperfine benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who have raised over $700 million in funding. The Hyperfine device was 510k FDA cleared in February 2020.
Joining Hyperfine Research is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The MRI Sequence Developer develops sequence code and algorithms for imaging, contrasts, signal processing, and image reconstruction. Additionally sequence developers are involved in new system development, test, manufacturing, and quality assurance.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Invent and/or source new sequence, signal processing, and recon methods that help our mission.
- Improve imaging and manufacturing sequences and code architecture
- Help out with all aspects of developing, building, maintaining, regulating, and troubleshooting MRI systems.
- Expand imaging locations beyond the head.
- PhD or equivalent in Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with emphasis on MRI.
- 5+ Years experience developing MR pulse sequences, image reconstruction methods.
- Sequence development experience with at least three types of clinically relevant sequences.
- Track record of self-driven, innovative work, incl. first authorship in high impact publications and patents, or equivalent.
- Must be willing to relocate to Guilford, CT area (we will help cover relocation costs).
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t you’ll !):
- Sequence development experience for experimental hardware
- Strong Python expertise
- Experience with iterative reconstructions, or motion correction
- Have developed and maintained open source or deployed software
- Experience with Tools/Technologies: Python, MATLAB, Linux
You Deeply Identify with Core Hyperfine Research Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Hyperfine Research does not accept agency resumes.
Hyperfine Research is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.