Internship - Clinical Research Coordinator
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The Butterfly iQ has received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Butterfly is looking for ambitious Interns to join the Butterfly team in Guilford CT or New York, NY. This internship will provide exercised exposure into many facets of working for a high growth tech start-up.
We are looking for recent graduates or undergraduates who would join us for three months. This internship will be to work with our Clinical team and will be helping to plan and implement clinical studies internally and with our clinical partners.
Some key parts of the role will be:
- Draft and collect documents needed to initiate clinical studies and be maintained per IRB and clinical sites (e.g., CVs, study protocol binders, consent forms, etc.).
- Conduct the informed consent process including discussions with research participants, and answering any questions related to the study. Obtain appropriate signatures and dates on consent forms in appropriate places.
- Collect data as required by the protocol, including data organization and analysis.
- Prior experience submitting and managing protocols to an IRB
- Organized and meticulous with documentation
- Experience in scientific research, including writing reports and/or academic manuscripts
- Experience interacting with clinicians.
- Bachelor's Degree or pursuing a Bachelor’s (entering junior or senior year) or Master’s degree in a scientific field (e.g. biology, pre-med, biomedical engineering)
- Available for a full-time 3-month internship (our office is based in NYC or Guilford CT)
- Superior communication (written and verbal English) and organizational skills.
- Self-starters who are results oriented, resourceful, analytical, innovative, intellectually curious and who take initiative and risks.
- Demonstrate strong ability to embrace and adapt to change, take initiative, showcase curiosity, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Competitive compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Beautiful office in either our NYC or Guilford, CT office
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.