Head of Product
Quantum-Si’s developing the world’s first Next Generation Protein Sequencing platform and paving the way for the future of biomedical research. We are bringing together breakthrough technology at the intersection of hardware, software, biology, photonics, and semiconductor chips to bring convert the field of proteomics from analog to digital.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing biotech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of biotech and med device companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding.
Next generation DNA sequencing transformed every area of life sciences and joining Quantum-Si is an opportunity to define the next generation through the power of revolutionary technology. Join us on a journey to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our product will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
This position can be located at any of our offices.
Palo Alto, CA
New York City, NY
The product team at Quantum-Si is responsible for defining the product vision for the company. For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how genes interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. The product team sits at the forefront of defining how we achieve this vision. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As Head of Product, you will be responsible to help define, develop, and bring to market a suite of revolutionary products spanning full sample-to-answer solutions. In this role, you will be required to build and manage a high-performance data-driven team of product managers, ensuring that priorities are clearly defined, and ensuring good product-market fit. You clearly define product vision backed by strong research and market data and expect the same from your team. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced pre-commercial startup environment and are comfortable with rolling up your sleeves to contribute in any capacity required.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Own our product portfolio and strategy
- Deliver clear product definitions and requirements
- Back up product decisions with comprehensive market research
- Partner with development and marketing teams to deliver a robust and compelling product
- Lead product launch readiness
- Hire and manage a team of product managers
- At least 10 years experience in product management
- Direct experience working on DNA sequencing or proteomics technologies
- Experience working on products across the full product life cycle
- Sound business judgment and discretion for managing projects and teams
- Ability to develop and execute against dynamic timelines and balance multiple projects
- Experience developing and releasing disruptive products and building new markets
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience in proteomics
- Experience developing products for a regulated environment
- MBA or Masters Degree
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Quantum-Si, Inc. does not accept agency resumes.