Product Development Scientist
Homodeus’ mission is to empower individuals to have greater ownership of their health with rapid, low-cost home and point-of-care diagnostics. We build breakthrough technology at the intersection of software, hardware, chemistry, and biology. We use this technology to champion a new era of personalized healthcare and help end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Homodeus is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech company founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Homodeus is a member of 4Catalyzer, an incubator of biotech and med device companies who have collectively raised over $700 million in funding to date.
Joining Homodeus is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Conduct and analyze evaluations for multi-step, multi-component biological workflows.
- Prepare and deliver analyzed reports to the team lead.
- Conduct and analyze routine baseline operations for multi-step, multi-component biological workflows.
- Prepare and deliver relevant analyses (timeline, component performance, etc.), suggesting root cause activities and corrective actions to team lead.
- Participate in development of appropriate test regimes and analyses to evaluate procedural modifications and improvements.
- Periodic weekend work and long days may be required
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Biological Engineering. Minimum of 1 year with a M.S. Alternatively, 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree may be considered as well.
- Working experience with all aspects of biological assay development on path to commercialization.
- Excellent organization, writing and communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments.
- Laser-like attention to detail, ability to follow complex protocols accurately and reproducibly.
- Self-starter with a ferocious work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity with statistical testing processes, including trend analysis, accelerated aging techniques, and study design.
- Keen powers of observation, able to identify and capture critical insights associated with testing processes.
- Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions.
- Demonstrated soft skills: able to maintain excellent rapport with colleagues in the face of tight timelines and potentially contentious results.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience with reagent development and formulation best practices in biological and diagnostic workflows
- Lateral Flow Assays or Personal diagnostic workflows development
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Familiarity with the process of obtaining FDA clearance/approval of In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) products, preferably in molecular diagnostics
- Familiarity with statistical analyses using software such as SAS, JMP, R or Minitab beneficial.
You Deeply Identify with Core Homodeus Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Homodeus does not accept agency resumes.
Homodeus is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.