VP of Information Security
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The iQ is FDA-cleared and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The VP of Information Security will lead and have overarching responsibility for Butterfly’s security posture on an international scale. You will be responsible for providing a highly scalable, reliable, and effective security foundation that serves the customers and business operations of the company. As we scale our business internationally and into large enterprises, Security has never been more important to our company and those patients we help every day.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Overall Information Security strategy and execution for a growing medical device company that protects global patient data
Be a critical partner to the Product, Engineering, Commercial, IT, Legal, and Regulatory teams in achieving top-level company goals
Instituting Privacy and Security by Design practices through the Product lifecycle
Leading and growing the Security Team to meet our needs as our product increases in complexity and our business expands globally
Scaling a company-wide, security-minded culture as our team grows
Must Have Hands-On and Managerial Experience in:
- Application Security and Security Architecture
- Incident Response / BCP Experience
- Ability to build and own the security program. This includes; Leadership/Governance/Risk management, the ability to sell your ideas to management, the ability to present to customers/stakeholders and negotiate buy-in.
- Flexibility and the ablity to build a culture based on risk rather than FUD
- Experience building and implementing new security programs in a SaaS, Cloud Service Provider, FSI, HCLS, or other highly regulated company
- 10+ years in a security role
Ideally you also have experience in:
- Enabling sales and product (internationally)
- Physical security, hardware security, logistics experience
- Security Assurance experience - audits, frameworks, regulators
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.