Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
*Senior Embedded Software Engineer *
Tesseract’s mission is to democratize healthcare delivery to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical devices and championing a new era of healthcare by creating a portable, affordable device for monitoring and preventing disease. This breakthrough optic technology reinforces that the eye is a window into the human body.
Tesseract is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Tesseract benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding.
Joining Tesseract is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As an experienced embedded software engineer at Tesseract, you will be designing and developing the core software platform that powers a key imaging product line. You will help deliver key tools and systems that bridge the gap between many domains, including device drivers, hardware sequencing, embedded systems control, data processing, and cloud-based services. We are seeking a talented, hands-on problem-solver to join our world-class team. The ideal candidate is passionate about building rock-solid software that unlocks the potential of real-time imaging or other data-intensive technologies.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Developing on device applications to create a seamless and reliable device experience. Leveraging inter-process communication, messaging frameworks for off-device communication and device sub-systems (peripherals, interrupts, system monitoring).
- Integration of analysis algorithms to run on device. Including benchmarking and performance optimizations to leverage on device capabilities.
- Customization of the embedded linux build as well as optimization of the boot process and recovery.
- 3+ years of embedded linux development
- 5+ years of C/C++/python application development
- 5+ years of experience creating and testing complex embedded systems
- 2+ years of experience with the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC and associated Xilinx toolchains and libraries (Vivado, SDK, Petalinux (Yocto), openAMP, libmetal)
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience writing scalable and maintainable Flatbuffers/Protocol Buffers
- Experience interfacing with RTOS sub-systems running an asymmetric multi processing system
- iOS/Android software and hardware accessory development
You Deeply Identify with Core Tesseract Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Tesseract does not accept agency resumes.
Tesseract is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.