Director of FP&A
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The Butterfly iQ has received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Butterfly Network is looking for a Director of FP&A to build out the Financial Planning and Analysis function and to partner with the commercial teams. Reporting to the SVP of Finance, the Director of FP&A has a critical role to play in driving profitable growth at the company, providing transparency to the organization, and maturing financial processes. This role has a wide-ranging scope of responsibility and will be best suited for a self-starter who excels at building and partnering.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Drive the rhythm of business activities including budgeting and management reporting, create appropriate process, build rigor around decision making, and leverage systems for scale
- Own the overall financial model for the company; identify key levers, communicate the story, advocate for opportunities
- Partner with the commercial team to drive growth, defining return on investment analysis and KPIs for marketing and sales, enabling growth in a responsible manner
- Partner with product and software teams on prioritization and opportunity sizing
- Build and develop a team of finance professionals to support FP&A as well as commercial leaders
- 10+ years of progressive experience in finance with at least 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent judgement and well-honed prioritization skills, including the ability to articulate frameworks and to think creatively about lightweight solutions
- Demonstrated pattern of thinking holistically about a business and using data to tell a story
- Clear communication and strong interpersonal skills that enable value-add partnership with stakeholders
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, and other financial planning tools
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- SaaS and / or healthcare industry experience is a plus
- Proven ability to use and implement software tools to drive scalable growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.