Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Hyperfine Research is on a mission to democratize healthcare by making MRI technology accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by building the first ever bedside MRI system. Our breakthrough technology enables portable point-of-care MRI and significantly lowers the cost, power, and weight versus that of traditional fixed MRI systems.
Hyperfine is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Hyperfine benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $700 million in funding. The Hyperfine device was 510k FDA cleared in February 2020.
Joining Hyperfine Research is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are looking for talented software engineers with applied experience in the fields of Computer Vision and Machine Learning to join us. This role is best suited for engineers interested in continuing to implement machine learning algorithms while also having a direct and immense, real-world impact.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Work alongside other research scientists, software engineers, and a clinical team to help develop a new suite of intelligent medical products
- Train various deep learning models including, but not limited to, classification detection, segmentation, reconstruction, and generative adversarial networks
- Implement state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and evaluate w.r.t. published baselines
- Build automated solutions for large-scale, patient-facing, clinical problems
- Evaluate the performance of data analysis algorithms and meet application requirements with respect to scalability
- Work effectively within a team
- 3+ years of outstanding software experience (Python) including best software engineering practices, efficient object-oriented software design, and building modern back-end systems
- Experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Data Mining
- Ability to implement algorithms based on specifications or publications
- Back-end development experience including databases, data modeling, APIs (Node.js, Flask/Nginx, Docker, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy)
- Containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- MS or PhD in Computer Science
- Automating computational pipelines and batch workflows
- Designing elastic and resilient distributed systems in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience with 3D medical datasets
You Deeply Identify with Core Hyperfine Research Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office in the heart of NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Hyperfine Research does not accept agency resumes.