VP Corporate Controller
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The Butterfly iQ has received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Butterfly Network is looking for a Vice President Corporate Controller, with previous controllership experience, to own general accounting and financial control functions. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building from the ground up, about process improvement and automation, and about driving controls and accuracy. This role will have significant autonomy and will grow rapidly.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Serve as the company’s expert on accounting matters, partnering with other departments (Supply Chain, Sales, IT, and HR) on structuring policies, and advising with respect to accounting and tax implications
- Responsible for managing the monthly consolidated close process, bringing new ideas and designing ways to make the process of efficient
- Develop and operationalize a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk
- Create tax efficient international corporate structures and business best practices, including setting up new international entities
- Build and develop a team of professionals
- 15+ years of progressive experience with audit or accounting. 5+ years of management experience is required (preferably in the Controller role at a start-up).
- BA/BS degree in accounting and CPA certification required
- Strong project management ability. Able to act as primary owner of individual projects, analysis and process while working cross functionally.
- A deep understanding of industry best practices
- Demonstrated ability to use and implement software tools and the ability to plan for scale
- Clear communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills that allow interactions with business partners
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- SaaS and / or healthcare industry experience
- Experience presenting to an audit committee or Board of Directors
- Big 4 experience
- International entity management and consolidation
- Familiarity with NetSuite
- In-depth understanding of SEC reporting requirements
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.