Quantum-Si’s mission is to democratize healthcare to everyone around the world. We are reinventing diagnostic instruments and championing a new era of breakthrough medical technology.
Quantum-Si is a well-funded, rapidly growing health-tech incubator founded by award-winning scientist and highly successful serial entrepreneur, Dr. Jonathan Rothberg. Quantum-Si benefits from being a 4Catalyzer company, an incubator of health-tech companies (most notably Butterfly Network) who has raised over $600 million in funding.
Joining Quantum-Si is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Characterization of biosensors comprising novel integrated photonics structures
- Quantification of device performance and identification of paths for improvement
- Design and construction of new optical characterization hardware as needed to quantify various aspects of device performance
- Analysis of optical performance of the photonics integrated circuit and implementation of solutions that drive improvements
- Flexible collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in support of cross-company research, development, and manufacturing activities
- Ph.D. degree in engineering, physics, or a related field
- Experience with design, characterization, and fabrication of integrated photonics / silicon photonics
- Hands-on experience with design and operation of free-space and fiber-based optical systems
Proficient with scientific programming languages (Python, Matlab, or similar)
Excellent communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments
Takes ownership of tasks and problems and provides solutions
Self-starter with a ferocious work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment
Demonstrated team skills: ability to maintain excellent rapport with colleagues in the face of tight development schedules
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience with wafer-level testing or test automation
- Familiarity with CMOS wafer processing
- Familiarity with optical software such as Lumerical, CST, COMSOL, Luceda, or Photon Design
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.