Chief Information Security Officer
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by making medical imaging accessible to everyone around the world. We are reinventing medical imaging and championing a new era of healthcare by creating the first ever pocket-sized, whole-body ultrasound device - the Butterfly iQ. This breakthrough technology has reduced the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Since inception, Butterfly has raised over $375 million. The Butterfly iQ has received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and is being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
The Chief Information Security Officer will lead and have overarching responsibility for Butterfly’s security posture on an international scale. You will be responsible for providing a highly scalable, reliable, and effective security foundation that serves the customers and business operations of the company. As we scale our business internationally and into large enterprises, security has never been more important to our company and those patients we help every day.
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Overall Information Security strategy and execution for a growing medical device company that protects global patient data
- Ensure security metrics are in place met across Engineering, Commercial, IT, Legal, and Regulatory teams
- Ensure our products and IP are secure throughout the entire lifecycle
- Build a world-class security team
- Promote security culture across all functions
Must have Hands-On and Managerial Experience In:
- Application, Network, Cloud, Data and Enterprise Security Architecture and Ownership
- Incident Response / BCP Experience
- Able to build an entire Security function from scratch
- Internal and external customer facing “face of security” for Butterfly. You are the one people come to for leadership, governance, and overall risk management.
- Strong vision for building a Security based culture
- Experience building and implementing the security function from the ground-up in a highly regulated environment (preferably healthcare)
- 10+ years in a security role
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Sales/Customer interaction as it relates to product/data security
- End-to-end supply chain security is a plus
- Security Assurance experience - audits, frameworks, regulators
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.