Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Scientist, Assay Automation
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1,000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
10x is seeking an outstanding individual to join its growing Automation and Instrumentation team. The ideal candidate will have a strong product development background and experience with automated liquid handling. As a member of Product Integration, you will work alongside biology, engineering, and software teams to enable current and future 10x-based assays on automation platforms. You will perform and support feature development, verification, process transfer activities, interface with key stakeholders, and ensure routine instrument operations.
You must be highly motivated, with exceptional attention to detail, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and communicate effectively. You must be able to work both independently and as a part of a multi‐disciplinary team. Exceptional consideration will be given to individuals who contributed to the successful launch of customer-facing automation products.
What you will be doing:
- Development of liquid handling automation for 10x Genomics assays
- Participate in the design, implementation, troubleshooting, verification and validation of assays on automation platforms
- Work with customers and the marketing team to optimize instrument function and maximize customer satisfaction by driving continuous improvement through development cycles
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Engineering, or other biotech related field
- 3+ years of experience programming control commands for liquid handling robotic systems (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman-Coulter, Agilent, or other vendors)
- Demonstrated proficiency in transferring complex manual workflows to automated liquid handling systems
- Comfort working with documentation and version-controlled processes
- Experience with molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation including DNA/RNA purification, PCR, and qPCR
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level
Additionally, we’d like to see:
- Experience with NGS library preparation and troubleshooting
- Experience successfully integrating 3rd party devices into robotic liquid handling systems
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of complex data sets
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement complex multi‐step assay schemes
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C Sharp, or C++
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past five years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.