Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Director, Global Distribution
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
Director, Global Distribution
We are looking for a leader in global logistics to drive and deploy global distribution strategies that meets the needs of the company. As the Director of Global Distribution, the individual will work with business partners across the company to develop global distribution strategies, identify global distribution partners, build 10x Distribution Centers, and implement logistics processes to support all internal and external logistics activities. This individual will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for transportation and warehousing service improvement, develop new capabilities and solutions to support global business expansion.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and Manage internal global logistics function as well as external logistics partners.
- Primary subject matter expert in Logistics’ process and technology globally. Serves as the lead in developing global logistics roadmaps, capabilities, solutions, and prioritize global projects.
- Collaborates with, and influences, key stakeholders to identify, align and execute strategic plans that deliver on efficiency targets through standardize Logistics process and technology.
- Primary subject matter expert in freight forwarding, import export compliance, 3PL and warehousing system implementation.
- Manage distribution centers budget, track key performance indicators and develop strategies to assure lowest overall cost while mitigating risk and optimizing performance.
- Participate in global ERP implementation; development and implements industry standard processes for warehousing and logistics automation.
- Actively participates in the development and continuous improvement of process and technology through documentation, training, automation, and process controls.
To be successful, you will need:
- BA/BS in focus in Logistics, Operations, Transportation, Supply Chain, IT or related fields.
- 15+ years of in-depth knowledge and expertise within Logistics. Logistics experience in AMER, EMEA and APAC.
- Technical experience in warehouse management systems, Oracle WMS cloud preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage across geographies and organizational levels.
- Knowledgeable in compliance and local regulations.pw
- Ability to influence and negotiate at multiple organizational levels.
- Ability to effectively train external and internal users of new processes or technologies.
- Good collaboration skills with Order Administration, Customer Service, and Service Providers.
- Ability to problem solve using data
- Strong interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.