Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Senior Software Manager - Embedded SW
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role: 10x Genomics is seeking an Engineering leader to manage and grow our Embedded-SW team. As Senior Software Manager of Embedded team you will lead your team to design, architect and deliver various instruments solutions. You will have the opportunity to work on several exciting green field projects that will add another generation of powerful tools to every molecular biology lab. As a leader you will help ensure that the team is delivering the features that scientists need to advance biology and accelerate research What you will be doing:
- Lead and grow the Embedded-SW team by retaining and recruiting the best in class engineering talent
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, product owners and engineers
- Work with teams across 10x Genomics to foster a collaborative culture to deliver the right product on-time.
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Conduct performance reviews, identify top performers, and support their growth. To be successful you must have:
- At least 3 years of proven track record building and managing high performing teams
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer delivering results in a highly cross-functional project environments
- Deep understanding HW-SW interfaces, control systems and software architecture
- Deep experience in building Linux based Embedded highs in availability solutions.
- Ability to communicate highly technical subject matter in a clear and concise manner to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for people management and mentorship
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered near the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.