Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Lead, Pathology Segment Marketing, HQ AMR
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Lead, Pathology Segment Marketing
The Director level, Global Market Segment Manager, will provide scientific and strategic leadership of pathology efforts across 10x Genomics’ current and future product portfolio. This role will be customer centric and will shape value propositions and differentiated offerings across the portfolio that resonate with customers within translational and clinical settings. This role will have deep market insight and intelligence of market drivers, market size, unmet customer needs, and key players that will aid in facilitation of yearly marketing execution plans, global marketing campaigns and programs, 3-year segment focused strategic plans, and product feature recommendations. Collaboration with other parts of the marketing organization will be key to defining, developing, and driving marketing activities including content creation, event marketing, lead generation, brand awareness, customer persuasion, sales enablement, and more.
In this role, the individual must be a self-starter, strategic thinker, action and output driven, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and within customer institutions. Working with world-class pathologists, life scientists, image analysis experts, and diagnostics leaders, you will champion the vision, and drive the strategy and roadmap for digital pathology in our translational and future clinical programs.
This role will report into the Senior Director of Global Market Development within the Global Strategic Marketing Organization.
***What you will be doing:***
- Have a deep understanding of the global market landscape for the Pathology customer segment and sub-segments, in the context of NGS and adjacent tool adoption and beyond pathologists focused in oncology.
- Be highly technically proficient in the current tools and methods employed by translational and clinical pathologists.
- Be the domain expert and internal and external spokesperson for the Pathology segment.
- Maintain, develop, and communicate a deep knowledge of Pathology trends, customer needs, and competitive activity throughout the organization.
- Be able to analyze and communicate market size, share, growth, and competition as well as status quo techniques and technologies in order to develop messaging and go-to-market (GTM) plans.
- Develop relationships and engage with related segment focused associations, educational institutions, professional organizations, publications, trade shows, and customers.
- Be able to succinctly report the quarterly business performance of the Pathology market, presenting on revenues, growth drivers/detractors, industry dynamics, customer usage types, and forecasts for future quarters.
- Have a very collaborative work style to assist in GTM plans and work with cross functional teams to develop segment-based campaigns.
- Influence internally and externally and have the skills to navigate and be successful in a matrixed organization.
- Must be highly execution oriented and drive for continuous improvement which includes collecting feedback from customers & internal stakeholders, analyzing market data and Voice of Customer data to propose new features, products, partnerships, technologies or other ideas that can be leveraged from customer insights, and create segment specific sales and customers enablement tools.
- Have domain knowledge to compliment technical expertise of R&D and product managers to contribute to customer and product requirements.
- Partner with the Sales organization as needed to identify emerging market development opportunities.
To be successful, you will need:
- PhD, MD or PhD/MD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g., pathology, cancer biology, molecular oncology), with at least 10 years of industrial or relevant academic leadership experience; will consider masters degrees with 15+ years experience
- Extensive domain knowledge and expertise in digital pathology or image analysis, preferably with experience in building image-based clinical tests
- Excellent record of scientific accomplishment
- Must be able to build credibility and relationships across all functions and levels at the organization and with customers
- Must be collaborative and a team player who knows how to leverage other functions of the organization
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and globally up to 30-50% of the time.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, CA.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.