Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Senior Application Security Engineer
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world. We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask.
Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides.
We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
Our team is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer with extensive product security experience and superb knowledge of software security standards and best practices to join our team. We take security very seriously, and protecting our customers is our highest priority. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about security and is excited to work in a highly collaborative environment alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
As our first Application Security Engineer, you will be the technical subject matter expert for multiple areas of application and product security. You will be responsible for performing design reviews, technical security assessments, and code reviews to highlight risk and help engineering teams improve the overall security of our products. You will be a security leader within the company, gaining a solid understanding of our products and systems, and ensuring that security is built in. This position requires both deep and broad technical knowledge across a range of disciplines, and the ability to work hands-on across a wide variety of software designs and technology stacks.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as a primary technical security resource on all product development.
- Perform design reviews and technical security assessments to highlight risk and help engineering teams improve the overall security of our products.
- Design and implement security best practices and standards across varied engineering teams and environments.
- Implement and conduct code reviews with a combination of static testing, manual reviews, and dynamic analysis / pen-testing.
- Conduct threat modeling, identify & drive risk decisions, and influence technical designs and architectures.
- Design and implement tooling and automation for application security (e.g. SAST/DAST in CI/CD)
- Advocate for security culture and educate colleagues across all parts of 10x.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Security, or a related technical field.
- 10+ years of hands-on technical experience.
- Software engineering experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong experience in web security (SSL/TLS, REST, OAuth, SAML, XSS, etc.)
- Experience with cloud and web application security standards (OWASP ASVS, SANS 25, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Nice to have:
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Security, or a related technical field.
- In-depth technical and foundational knowledge of software engineering, computer systems, security engineering, authentication, and/or applied cryptography.
- Experience with securing firmware / embedded systems.
- Experience with regulatory requirements, and aligning security standards, frameworks, and corporate policy with overall business and technology strategy.
- Experience securing operating systems, networks, and low-level infrastructure.
- Experience with attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures, and corresponding mitigation methods.
About 10x Genomics
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 500 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.