Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Senior Research Associate - Product Integration - NGS
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Research Associate to join the Product Integration (PI) group at 10x Genomics. This is a unique multi-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Microfluidics, and Support groups. You will play an important role in expanding the 10x product portfolio by identifying clever solutions to troubleshoot and optimize 10x product workflows.
The ideal candidate should have experience working independently in a chemistry, biochemistry, or molecular biology laboratory, have exceptional attention to detail, and be able to critically analyze data and communicate results to the team. They must bring a can-do attitude and sense of purpose to the job.
What you will be doing:
- Working within multidisciplinary teams at all stages of product development.
- Developing a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, molecular biology, and microfluidics to identify the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify clever solutions.
- Planning and execution of experiments, accurate recording of details, in-depth analysis, and reporting of these results through documentation and presentations.
- Development and optimization of protocols for single cell NGS products and robustness verification of those products.
- Preparation of customer-facing technical documentation including workflow descriptions and annotated datasets for 10x single cell NGS products.
- Responsible for maintaining external collaborations for validation of single cell NGS products.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- BS/MS in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, bioinformatics, or related field.
- 2+ years relevant laboratory experience in life science applications, such as: next-generation sequencing library preparation, cell culture, microscopy, PCR, or other nucleic acid or protein-based technologies.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex datasets and communicate results in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of NGS and related applications (e.g. RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing molecular biology assays.
Additional desirable skills to have:
- Familiarity with new product introduction or product development process and life cycle.
- Experience with handling of fresh or frozen tissues as well as tissue dissociation techniques.
- Experience with fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH)-based assays.
- Experience with tissue preservation techniques such as formaldehyde fixation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.