Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Director of Finance Systems
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role
The Director of Finance Systems is responsible for productivity engineering (PE) strategy and operations including implementations, team management and production support. This position is responsible for establishing and implementing the strategic vision and goals for all PE initiatives in a product-focused organization. He or she will lead all aspects of PE strategy, operations, and maintenance needed to support the business and to create and maintain a stable, scalable PE architecture. This person will provide visionary leadership in investigating and proposing the use of new PE initiatives.
The Director of Finance Systems will recognize the information needs, provide state-of-the-art solutions to business problems, and lead the PE organization to effectively support all functional areas. He or she will establish collaborative relationships that position our IT as an innovative highly engaged partner.
What you will be doing
- Develops and oversees the implementation/roll outs of long- and short-term strategic plan for Finance Systems that aligns with our strategic priorities, business needs and resource planning
- Provides vision and strategy for all ERP Rollouts with Finance focus and other Implementations activities including developing processes and policies, identifying relevant supporting tools and technologies, implementing program governance, and leading the underlying technology platform development needed to enable innovation
- ERP system and bolt-on systems’ production support and managing stake holders’ expectations from day to day operations and close activities.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the application development team and PE finance staff, including employee development, training, and review processes
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with our functional leaders to ensure alignment of PE efforts with business needs
- Ensures that the PE function delivers consistent and cost-effective Finance ERP System programs, upgrades and management services
- Forecasts future skills needed to acquire and develop an PE workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills, and competencies
- Partner with PE PMO in establishing service levels objectives and continuous improvement initiatives across application and reporting services.
- Researches, presents and implements technological alternatives to reduce cycle time, streamline operations, and improve productivity
- Manages developers to ensure that specifications are met and adhere to the business policies and practices that the company has endorsed
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manage the purchase of hardware and software
- Responsible for keeping ERP and related bolt-on applications in compliance with SOX.
To be successful you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline.
- 15+ years IT experience at senior level in supervisory capability
- Proven track record of Leading ERP deployments, releases and operational support across multiple functions of Finance, Supply Chain Planning, Manufacturing and Logistics.
- Hands leadership on experience with Oracle Cloud ERP with Finance systems background.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent IT initiatives
- Ability to connect with multiple levels in PE and business organization
- Strong understanding of ERP, Master Data & Finance processes
- Experience in leading PE SOX, GDPR Compliance, etc.
Desired Skills and Background
- SaaS business model experience in a hyper-growth environment.
- Anaplan, RevPro and Vertex experience
- CPA and accounting background
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.