Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Production Technician 2
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 800 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its consumable manufacturing team. In this role, the individual will be responsible for 10x consumables assemblies into final kit configurations. This individual will also work with the manufacturing engineering team on the maintenance and simple troubleshooting of some of the manufacturing equipment. This position may require extended periods of sitting or standing and extensive work using laboratory and packaging equipment.
This will be a non-exempt position in 10x reagent manufacturing team. Individuals applying to this position should have a basic understanding of industry manufacturing workflow. This individual must be a self-starter, quick learner and detail oriented, work well in a team atmosphere, have good communication skills, ability to adapt and thrive in working at a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Execute production operations according to defined procedures and ensure the integrity and quality of our products
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products
- Maintenance of production batch records and good documentation skills required
- Assemble chips into final packaging format using semi-automated equipment
- Package 10x consumables into finished goods both manually and using semi-automated packaging equipment
- Ability to set up and operate scientific and packaging equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on some lab equipment
- Provide feedback to improve process quality and efficiency
To be successful, you will need:
- High school education / Associate Degree or above
- Strong team player and detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and understand SOPs and equipment user manual
- Ability to enter data into electronic tracking systems like Excel or Hippo
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load to meet strict deadlines under supervision
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking products and processes to the next level
Nice to have skills & background:
- Experience in automation and packaging of Life Science products, Food Packaging products or related field preferred
- Relevant experience in a production environment working with standard production control tools – ERP, LIMS, inventory control, work orders a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.