Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
QC Associate 1
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 800 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its Quality Control team. In this role, the individual will be responsible in the inspection of raw material, intermediate, and finished good parts. A variety of lab techniques will be used to ensure the integrity and quality of our products. Techniques include: microscopy, PCR, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, and Next Generation Sequencing. This position may require extended periods of sitting or standing and extensive work using laboratory equipment.
This will be a non-exempt position in 10x’s quality control team in Pleasanton, California. Individuals applying to this position should have a basic understanding of industry manufacturing workflow and ERP systems. This individual must also be willing to travel between four different 10x facilities that are within 5 miles of each other. Ideal candidates would have the following traits: self-starter, quick learner, team player, and the ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Perform QC of consumables and instrumentation to defined procedures. Testing includes raw material, intermediate, and finished good parts.
- Must be able to follow work instructions and standard operating procedures but still able to identify discrepancies.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation.
- Complete QC batch records and Receiving Inspection Reports using Good Documentation Practices.
- Ability to execute QC workflows from submission to batch closure
- Effectively identify and communicate any complications that arise from QC testing. Ability to work with engineers/scientists to establish and maintain a solution.
- Maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products.
- Hands-on experience in performing standard molecular biology techniques such as pipetting, microscopy, PCR/qPCR/ddPCR, PAGE analysis, HPLC, and flow cytometry.
- Maintain accurate and consistent laboratory skills, despite performing repetitive tasks, to ensure valid experimental results.
- Assist in the development of processes and products. This includes performing product and process optimization, guard band studies, stability studies, gauge R&R.
- Assist in root cause investigation for non-conforming lots.
To be successful, you will need:
- S. in one of the following disciplines: Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 2 - 3 years relevant laboratory experience in manufacturing and QC testing of life science products, such a DNA sequencing, PCR or other nucleic acid based technologies.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Detail oriented, organized, quality focused and self-motivated
- Good communication and observation skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work load to meet strict deadlines in an evolving environment. Is cool under the pressure and enjoys a challenge.
- Strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems.
- Ability to read and understand SOPs and equipment user manual
- Ability to enter data into electronic tracking systems like Excel or Oracle ERP
- Must be flexible as priorities shift with new developments
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking products and processes to the next level
Nice to have skills & background:
- Experience in production and quality control of Life Science products, Food Packaging products or related field preferred
- Experience using common lab equipment – pH/conductivity meter, microscopes, thermometers, thermal cyclers, etc.
- Experience with Excel, Python, LabVIEW, and Photron FASTCAM Viewer is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic statistics is a plus
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment working with standard production control tools – ERP, LIMS, inventory control, work orders a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.