Accelerating the mastery of biology to advance human health
Senior Research Associate- Process Development
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
10x is looking for an outstanding Senior Research Associate to join the Process Development team to support the development and commercial launch of new products. The candidate will work with the Molecular Biology / Assay Development, Microfluidics, Chemistry, and Production teams to develop, optimize, validate, and transfer new chemistries and processes required to produce 10x reagents and consumables. Candidates must have a broad working knowledge of molecular biology, NGS sequencing or optical imaging techniques and the ability to quickly come up to speed on new analytical methods. A strong background in process development, scale-up, process implementation and validation in a commercial manufacturing facility is a plus.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
What you will be doing:
- Support the development and optimization of a broad range of chemistry-based production processes through optical imaging, microscopy, NGS library preparation, and standard molecular biology tests.
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, microfluidics, production processes, and molecular biology to assist in identifying the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify solutions.
- Plan and correctly execute experiments, maintain accurate record of experimental details, in-depth data analysis, and clear communication of these results through documentation and presentations.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed and support development of novel assembly procedures, custom tooling, and test methods.
- Write protocols, develop procedures, and maintain accurate records
- Communicate and present results clearly and contribute data for making critical design decisions
To be successful, you will need:
- BS/MS in Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Good documentation skills and ability to write procedures and reports
- Relevant experience developing successful processes in the life science industry is a plus.
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Experience with automation equipment or custom instrumentation.
- Ability to design meaningful experiments and in-depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
- Ability to develop, validate and transfer process to manufacturing or OEM vendors.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive health benefits package.
We support our employees with family friendly policies like parental leave, and other benefits.
Equity in 10x
10x wants every employee to have an ownership stake and equity is a part of our package.
We recognize hard work and believe in well-deserved time off.
Refresh yourself with healthy snacks provided daily and a walking/exercise trail in a beautiful setting out our back door.
A learning environment
Professional development is a high priority at 10x. We value continuous learning.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues in a stimulating cross disciplinary environment.
Work hard, play hard
Life isn't all about work and we celebrate that.
10x Genomics at a glance
10x Genomics focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, Medical, and Genetic Testing. Their company has offices in California. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, 10x Genomics has raised $222.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019 at a valuation of $4B.